RADIANS COMPANY HISTORY & AWARDS
Founded in 1997. Passionate About Safety.
Radians was founded in 1997 basically on the introduction of one product, the AV, a combination hearing (Audio) and eyewear (Visual) protection product. Over twenty years later, Radians offers a comprehensive line of safety products including safety eyewear, RadWear® high visibility apparel, rainwear, hearing protection, hand protection, head gear, cooling products, heated jackets, eyewash stations, and lens cleaning accessories. What follows are some of the highlights about our growth into an industry leader, including patents, awards, licensing partners, and facility expansion.
- Radians founded in Memphis, TN.
- Primarily focused on Safety Eyewear and Hearing Protection in the Sporting Goods channel.
- Company was founded on unique combination Eyewear and Hearing protection product.
- Awarded first Patent (# 5,781,272) for Radians AV. (July 14, 1998)
- Launched safety products into the Industrial Safety channel.
- Became member of the National Safety Council – NSC.
- Joined STAFDA. The Specialty Tools & Fasteners Distributors Association is a not-for-profit educational trade association comprised of distributors, manufacturers, and rep agents of light construction, industrial, and related products.
- Global licensing agreement with DEWALT.
- Acquired Techna International Safety Products in Grand Rapids, MI.
- Licensing partnership with Mossy Oak & Realtree.
- Radians rebrands with new logo.
- Licensing agreement with REMINGTON.
- Launched safety products into the Hardware channel.
- Global expansion into Australia.
- Acquired SSI Footwear Company and launched product line of DEWALT footwear.
- Launched Hard Hats Division.
- Opened RadWest – Sparks, NV facility.
- Business TN - 50 Fastest Growing Companies in TN (August).
- AIT Worldwide Logistics – 2006 Diamond Customer of the Year.
- SMG – Rich Harper Commitment to Excellence.
- Global licensing agreement with BLACK & DECKER.
- Business TN – Hot 100 Fastest Growing Companies in TN (December).
- Professional Builder – 100 Best New Products – Remington RG-10 Glove.
- Tools of the Trade – DEWALT DPG20 Glove - Top 10 Work Glove (July/August).
- Radians launches Black & Decker safety products.
- Acquired Custom Molded Plugs Patent # US 8,184,838.
- Launched new category - RADWEAR High Visibility Safety Vests.
- SMG – Rich Harper Commitment to Excellence.
- SMG – JMA Award for exceptional supplier commitment.
- Converted all warehouse and inventory operations to Scan Guns.
- Launched new category – Barricade Tape.
- Launched RADLINK Distributor Website – Distributors now have total access to order online, review past orders, and download marketing materials.
- SMG – Rich Harper Commitment to Excellence Award.
- SMG - JMA Award for exceptional supplier commitment.
- Joined IGA. SMG – Presidents Choice Award.
- Acquired Carolina Safety Sport (CSS) & ZIP-N-RIP™ Patent # 7,735,151.
- Opened Manufacturing facility in Dallas, TX.
- DPA Safety Award– Marketing Outside of the Box.
- Orr Safety Award – Largest Percentage Sales Growth.
- Expanded RadWest Facility.
- Joined Sphere 1.
- Joined Evergreen Marketing Group.
- Moved into new Headquarters facility in Memphis, TN in December.
- Became a member of ISEA.
- Awarded ISO certification.
- Opened Radians Europe office in London, England.
- 36,000 sq ft. warehouse expansion begins at Corporate Headquarters in Memphis, TN.
- Radians secures licensing agreements with Bone Collector™.
- Radians establishes partnership and licensing agreements with Smith & Wesson® and M&P® by Smith & Wesson®.
- Radians acquires Crossfire Safety Eyewear, a premium brand of safety glass known for its cutting edge designs and sports appeal.
- Radians begins production of its product spotlight video library. These videos are available for viewing at www.Radians.com or www.YouTube.com/RadiansInc.
- Radians’ acoustical testing laboratory was accredited by the National Voluntary Laboratory Accreditation Program (NVLAP Lab Code 500090-0).
- Radians moves its Made in USA foam plug manufacturing from Dallas, TX, to its headquarters in Memphis, TN.
- Radians invests in Pick Module Automation at its Memphis Headquarters to deliver higher levels of customer service and satisfaction.
- Radians is honored with the 2013 Safety Marketing Group (SMG) Peak Performer of the Year Award at the 26th Annual SMG Conference in Las Vegas.
- RadWest moves from Sparks, NV, to a new facility in Reno, NV, tripling warehouse space.
- Radians Industrial Channel enters the heat stress management PPE category with the introduction of its cooling products line called Arctic Radwear™.
- Radians consolidates operations and closes Michigan office.
- Radians launches DEWALT High Visibility Gear.
- Radians acquires Massachusetts’ based VisionAid.
- Radians named the exclusive source of DEWALT Heated Gear.
- Radians is honored with 2014 Sphere 1 Gold Award for Preferred Supplier Outstanding Sales. Radians receives 2014 SMG Peak Performer Award for sales growth.
- Radians wins the ISHN 2015 Reader’s Choice Awards in the apparel, high visibility category with the SV55 Heavy Woven Two-Tone Engineer Vest.
- Radians breaks ground on new headquarters’ expansion which will result in a 200,000 sq. ft. corporate headquarters complex with room for future expansion.
- Radians adds over 75 new products to their PPE line.
- Radians opens world-class training center to educate customers on ANSI standards, proper PPE application, testing, and OSHA requirements.
- Radians moves into new headquarters’ warehouse and offices at 6084 Discover Drive in Memphis, TN.
- Radians launches new line of Industrial rainwear and expands hand protection line.
- Radians wins SMG Gold Supplier and honored with 2015 SMG Peak Performer Award. Radians wins DEWALT® Partner of the Year.
- Radians wins 2016 ISHN Readers’ Choice Award for DEWALT Heated soft shell work jacket and patented slim vertical foam plug dispensers.
- Radians wins ASSE Safety 2016 Attendee Choice Awards for patented slim vertical foam plug dispensers.
- Radians enters ladies high visibility market with new SVL1 ladies vest with adjustable waist.
- Radians launches eyewear with IQuity™ intelligent anti-fog coating, a long-lasting and durable non-toxic water-based coating.
- Radians partners with DSM Dyneema and introduces new line of cut protection gloves made with Dyneema® Diamond technology.
- Radians is honored with Safety Marketing Group’s Peak Performer Award and recognized as a Gold Supplier for seven years in a row.
- Radians enters AR/FR Workwear market with introduction of the VolCore™ line.
- Radians acquires Bellingham® Glove from LFS, Inc.
- Radians acquires Neese Industries, expanding their AR/FR workwear and rainwear lines.
- Radians introduces over 50 new styles of leather gloves, growing their hand protection line exponentially.
- Radians enters N95 Particulate Respirator market.
- Radians finished construction of a new warehouse at their North Carolina facility increasing square footage by almost 50%.